# Firmware Lifecycle
Before OTA make sure to go through the list below:
- It is recommended to update the device in the IDLE mode without receiving and executing any commands from Modbus, Enapter Cloud, Enapter Mobile App, EL 2.1 Web GUI or others.
- In case firmware is updated from 1.5.0 directly to 1.10.1, produced H2 metric will be lost and FP_02 will be raised. It is recommended to follow the upgrade path: 1.5.0 -> 1.6.0 -> 1.7.X -> 1.8.X -> 1.9.X. -> 1.10.X
- Make sure you have physical access to the device before starting the update process.
- Do not power off the device during the firmware update.
- Remove Dryer Control Network before updating the firmware.
- If Site has Enapter Gateway it needs to be updated to version 1.8.9 or higher.
- Dryer connected to DCN/IDCN should be version 3.6.0 or higher, otherwise it won't be possible to connect Electrolysers to IDCN, monitor and control Dryer from Electrolyser Web GUI or Modbus TCP interface.
# Change Log
# New Features
- Improved Dryer automatic control in DCN/IDCN.
- Improved electrolyte pump management in IDLE mode.
# Bug Fixes
- Force fatal error if electrolyser runs out of water.
- Allow to break Ramp-Up and switch to Ramp-Down if no enough water.
- Stabilized IDCN creation process.
# Compatibility Matrix
Please carefully check the compatibility matrix for the 1.10.1 firmware version with the previous version.
- C - fully compatible;
- NC - not compatible;
- PC - party compatible, check additional notes.
|Modbus Communication Backward Compatibility||C|
# Functional Depreciation Statements
Warning WS_20 is deprecated. Instead of using it for checking that Electrolyser reached Max Pressure it is recommended to use input register #1200 (4 = Stand-By (Max Pressure)).
In case firmware is updated from 1.5.0 directly to 1.9.0 produced H2 will be lost and FP_02 will be raised.
# Modbus Compatibility
Holding register #6018 is used for Start and Stop the Dryer starting from firmware 1.6.0.
Input registers #14 (Cabinet (Chassis) Serial Number) and #1000 (Stack Serial Number) are deprecated. Instead use holding registers #4026 (Enapter Chassis Serial Number) and #4376 (Enapter Stack Serial Number).
# Known Bugs List
The list below contains the most important problems in the firmware and their solutions.
There is an issue (opens new window) using WiFi and Windows to access the
Solution: Use a local ethernet connection to the electrolyser or IP address as a hostname.
DCN may assign an IP address to devices (computers, mobiles) connected to Wi-Fi AP associated with DCN enabled Enapter devices.
- Delete the DCN from the Enapter Mobile App and create it one more time.
- If it is possible try to separate the DCN from your main network environment by connecting the DCN to another WiFi AP. There is no need to separate one DCN from another.