# Firmware Lifecycle
Before OTA make sure to go through the list below:
- It is recommended to update the device in the IDLE mode without receiving and executing any commands from Modbus, Enapter Cloud, Enapter Mobile App, EL 2.1 Web GUI or others.
- In case firmware is updated from 1.5.0 directly to 1.10.1, produced H2 metric will be lost and FP_02 will be raised. It is recommended to follow the upgrade path: 1.5.0 -> 1.6.0 -> 1.7.X -> 1.8.X -> 1.9.X. -> 1.10.X
- Make sure you have physical access to the device before starting the update process.
- Do not power off the device during the firmware update.
- Remove Dryer Control Network before updating the firmware.
- If Site has Enapter Gateway it needs to be updated to version 1.8.9 or higher.
- Dryer connected to DCN/IDCN should be version 3.6.0 or higher, otherwise it won't be possible to connect Electrolysers to IDCN, monitor and control Dryer from Electrolyser Web GUI or Modbus TCP interface.
# Change Log
# New Features
- New Warning
WT_21: Slow electrolyte heatingintroduced in case when electrolyte temperature is not growing fast enough.
# Bug Fixes
- Fixed heater doesn't work after reset during antifrost.
# Compatibility Matrix
Please carefully check the compatibility matrix for the 1.11.0 firmware version with the previous version.
- C - fully compatible;
- NC - not compatible;
- PC - party compatible, check additional notes.
|Modbus Communication Backward Compatibility||C|
# Functional Depreciation Statements
Warning WS_20 is deprecated. Instead of using it for checking that Electrolyser reached Max Pressure it is recommended to use input register #1200 (4 = Stand-By (Max Pressure)).
In case firmware is updated from 1.5.0 directly to 1.9.0 produced H2 will be lost and FP_02 will be raised.
# Modbus Compatibility
Holding register #6018 is used for Start and Stop the Dryer starting from firmware 1.6.0.
Input registers #14 (Cabinet (Chassis) Serial Number) and #1000 (Stack Serial Number) are deprecated. Instead use holding registers #4026 (Enapter Chassis Serial Number) and #4376 (Enapter Stack Serial Number).
# Known Bugs List
The list below contains the most important problems in the firmware and their solutions.
An issue (opens new window) using WiFi and Windows to access the
Solution: Use a local ethernet connection to the electrolyser or IP address as a hostname.
DCN may assign an IP address to devices (computers, mobiles) connected to Wi-Fi AP associated with DCN enabled Enapter devices.
- Delete the DCN from the Enapter Mobile App and create it one more time.
- If it is possible try to separate the DCN from your main network environment by connecting the DCN to another WiFi AP. No need to separate one DCN from another.