# Firmware Lifecycle
It is recommended to update the device in the IDLE mode without receiving and executing any commands from Modbus, Enapter Cloud, Enapter Mobile App or others.
Make sure you have physical access to the device before starting the update process.
After firmware upgrade the electrolyser must be powered off and turn back on.
Do not power off the device during the firmware update.
Remove Dryer Control Network before updating the firmware.
If Site has Enapter Gateway it needs to be updated to version 1.8.9 or higher.
# Change Log
# New Features
- UCM firmware version 1.5.2 release
# Bug Fixes
- Fix for OTA does not finish successful without breaker.
# Compatibility Matrix
Please carefully check the compatibility matrix for the 1.5.2 firmware version with the previous version.
- C - fully compatible;
- NC - not compatible;
- PC - party compatible, check additional notes.
|Modbus Communication Backward Compatibility||C|
# Functional Depreciation Statements
- Warning WS_20 is deprecated. Instead of using it for checking that Electrolyser reached Max Pressure it is recommended to use input register #1200 (4 = Stand-By (Max Pressure)).
# Modbus Compatibility
- Input registers #14 (Cabinet (Chassis) Serial Number) and #1000 (Stack Serial Number) are deprecated. Instead use holding registers #4026 (Enapter Chassis Serial Number) and #4376 (Enapter Stack Serial Number).
# Known Bugs List
The list below contains the most important problems in the firmware and their solutions.
The system stops calculation of total produced H2 after 524288.
Solution: Update the firmware to version 1.6.0 or above. To update your device, navigate to
Firmwareand press the
Check for Updatesbutton. If you do not see an available update, you can contact our support team at email@example.com.
Electrolyser doesn't stop during Ramp-Up if no more electrolyte left in the tank. The system must reach Steady to start Ramp-Down procedure. This might cause fatal error in case system stays in Ramp-Up and have no water supply because it will not stop production of hydrogen in 80 min timeout and will continue to work even the electrolyte will reach very low level.
Solution: Update the firmware to version 1.10.1 or above.