# Firmware Lifecycle
Before OTA make sure to go through the list below:
- It is recommended to update the device in the IDLE mode without receiving and executing any commands from Modbus, Enapter Cloud, Enapter Mobile App, Web GUI or others.
- Make sure you have physical access to the device before starting the update process.
- Do not power off the device during the firmware update.
- Remove Dryer Control Network before updating the firmware.
- If Site has Enapter Gateway it needs to be updated to version 1.8.9 or higher.
- Dryer connected to DCN/IDCN should be version 3.6.0 or higher, otherwise it won't be possible to connect Electrolysers to IDCN, monitor and control Dryer from Electrolyser Web GUI or Modbus TCP interface.
# Change Log
# New Features
- Initial version for Electrolyser EL 4.0.
- Support product codes ELE400535D4LSV02, ELE400535A2LSV02, ELE400535D4ASV02 and ELE400535A2ASV02.
# Compatibility Matrix
# Functional Depreciation Statements
# Modbus Compatibility
# Known Bugs List
The list below contains the most important problems in the firmware and their solutions.
It is an issue (opens new window) using WiFi and Windows to access the
Solution: Use a local ethernet connection to the electrolyser or IP address as a hostname.
DCN may assign an IP address to devices (computers, mobiles) connected to Wi-Fi AP associated with DCN enabled Enapter devices.
- Delete the DCN from the Enapter Mobile App and create it one more time.
- If it is possible try to separate the DCN from your main network environment by connecting the DCN to another WiFi AP. It is no need to separate one DCN from another.