# Command Line Interface
There are two ways you can access the Enapter CLI:
- Web Terminal connection is available from device's page on https://cloud.enapter.com (opens new window).
- Basic CLI available by connecting Keyboard/Monitor/Mouse to gateway.
As both ways using CLI are mostly the same, all instructions in this guide applicable for both cases.
# Command Modes
The are two command modes in Enapter CLI: operational mode and configuration mode.
- Operational mode provides access to operational commands for showing help information, exiting CLI, showing system information, etc.
- Configuration provides access to commands for creating, modifying, deleting, committing and showing configuration information, as well as commands for navigating through the configuration hierarchy.
When you log on to the system, the system is in operational mode.
- To enter configuration mode from operational mode, issue the
- To return to operational mode from configuration mode, issue the
exitcommand. If there are uncommitted configuration changes, you must either commit the changes using the
commitcommand, or enter
exitto discard the changes.
# Configuration Mode
In configuration mode you can set, delete and show information. Enter configuration mode by typing
configure at the command prompt in operational mode.
[enapter] $ configure [enapter] conf $ [enapter] conf $ exit [enapter] $
Notice how the command prompt changes to remind you what mode you are in.
# Command Completion
<Tab> key provides command completion. You can use the
<Tab> to show:
- All available commands
- All valid completions for a command partially typed in
- The next available set of options for a command. You can use the
<Tab>key iteratively in this way to discover complete command syntax.
Example 2-1 Use command completion on an unambiguous command
The following example requests command completion for the typed string sh. In this example, the command to be completed is unambiguous.
[enapter] conf $ sh <tab> [enapter] conf $ show
# List of Possible Commands in Operational Mode.
|help||Display help message|
|show||Show system information|
|network||Network configuration commands|
|configure||Enter configuration mode|
|ping||Execute ping command|